- 06 Mar 2023
- 3 Minutes to read
Set up the Syncore Integration
- Updated on 06 Mar 2023
- 3 Minutes to read
Follow the steps below to get started with Syncore Integration.
- Syncore and Commercio handle tax calculations differently. When you are setting up your integration, make sure to enable taxes on shipping and handling for all states and provinces. See Store View > Settings > Tax Settings.
- This version of the integration does not support batch orders. Each individual order that is created on the storefront will create one order in Syncore. If you prefer to batch orders, this version of the integration is not right for you at this time.
- Separate integration is needed for each Store. Click here to see an illustration of the workflow.
- The API key is the same for all the stores. The Store numbers differ, but the API key is the same.
- Note that when you are creating product variants, if you select a Size or a Color, it is put through as a Size or Color. If you select Radio Button or Drop-Down, it is put through as the name and option, and will show up on orders as Comments.
- Make sure you use the exact same spelling for credit card types. For example, if you spell out "MasterCard" in Syncore, you will need to spell out "MasterCard" in Commercio as well. Likewise, if you use "MC" in Syncore, use "MC" in Commercio as well.
Steps for setting up your integration
1. Locate your API key
This is a one-time setup, as your API key will be used for all of your stores.
2. Submit the Commercio - Syncore Store Integration Form to get your Store ID.
After you submit the form, the support team will setup your store and generate a Store ID. You will receive a notification when the Store ID is ready. Click this link to access the form: Commercio - Syncore Store Integration Form
3. Setup in Commercio
1. Navigate to Syncore Settings in Commercio at the Organization level, enter your API key and click Save to move to the next screen.
2. At the Store level, enter the Store Identifier provided by the support team. You Do not need to Enable the store at this time. You can return to this screen to Enable and enter a Starting Order Number when you are ready to start syncing orders.
3. Select whether or not you want credit card payments to sync.
Syncing credit card payments means the payments placed on the store by your clients will be posted as payment onthe Sales Order in Syncore upon creation.
4. You Do not need to enter a Starting Order Number at this time. You can return to this screen to Enable and enter a Starting Order Number when you are ready to start syncing orders.
5. Click Test Connection and Save.
6. When you are ready to start syncing orders, return to Syncore Settings in Commercio at the Organization level to enter your Starting Order Number and Enable the integration.
Verify that taxes are enabled for all states and provinces in Store View > Settings > Tax Settings.
• To find the jobs that need to be actioned, your CSR should use the V1 job tracking queue and ensure they change the Job Classification to “Programs Only”
• Do not repeat the Job in Syncore. If you are needing to split the order for stock and non-stock items it’s recommended to duplicate the Sales Order on the same job and update them accordingly. This will ensure the status in Commercio does not change to Fulfilled until this order has been Delivered in Syncore. If you repeat the job and make changes to it, Commercio will not know about this new Job.
• If you are paying commissions on these orders and products have inventory on them you should add in under Misc Charges the amount of the inventory cost so that the margin on the job is accurate (as there not be any Purchase Orders on this Job since the items are in stock).
• If your CSRs are unfamiliar with V1 they can review the videos available in Syncore Resources >> Onboarding >> CSR >> Order Processing (V1 legacy) section.
What is Syncore Integration?
Sample Integration Form
Behind-the-Scenes of Syncore Integration
View Syncore Updates in Commercio
Trouble-Shooting Syncore Integration
Syncore Integration FAQs